Absinthe  I spent a week in New Orleans for continuing education, and the night before classes started, we explored Bourbon Street.  My highlight of that was the Old Absinthe House.  I was fascinated by how the cocktails were crafted (the bartender lights sugar on fire), and the bartender knew by looking at us which drink we would enjoy the most.  I had one that was floral, and it was delicious.  I am extremely picky about liquor, and I definitely did not expect to enjoy it.  Since its impossible to find, I guess that will be my little treat next time I visit NOLA!

Bite Squad  Food delivery has finally become a thing where I live, and it has been such a blessing with my wonky schedule and unpredictable appetite.  I had been using Grubhub for the past two months, but my friend Becca introduced me to Bite Squad last weekend… game changer!  There are more food options, you can pay $6 a month for unlimited delivery, the time predictions are actually correct, and I got three days worth of Thai food for free on my first order!  If you want a free $20 worth of food on your first order, my promo code is C31-EON0- TJM3

Detox shots  I will sing the praises of beet juice to anyone that will listen.  My favorite juice bar has been out of beet juice lately, so I picked up a detox shot instead.  It contained coconut water, agave, himalayan salt, cayenne pepper, and activated charcoal.  The taste was somehow overwhelmingly sweet and overwhelmingly salty, which wouldn’t have been so bad if the shot had actually worked.  (Maybe it was a detox for my taste buds?!)  Lesson learned!

Coconut deodorant (c/o)  I was gifted Kopari deodorant through Influenster, and I didn’t have high hopes. I had given up on the natural deodorant I was using previously because it kept putting my body through pit detox cycles, and that seemed a bit off.  However, I’ve fallen so in love with Kopari that it’s on my Christmas list!  Haha.  It smells amazing, the product is silky smooth (my previous deo was pretty chalky), and it actually works.

I hope today’s post inspires you to try something new and get out of your comfort zone a little bit.  Have you tried something new recently?  Let’s chat in the comments!

1. November 26, 2018 / 5:08 pm

While I am sorry to hear that life hasn’t been all sunshine and rainbows lately, I am glad you’ve found ways to add a little bit of comfort! I’ve never even heard of fiberglass nails but after a year straight of shellac I think I need them!

• danaseersuckersass
      Author
      November 26, 2018 / 7:35 pm

Thank you, lady! Gotta have the rough times to appreciate the smooth times 🙂 You should check them out! They’re more durable than gel, and apparently, they are easier to soak off. From what I was told, you can also get them filled in like acrylics so you don’t have to have it removed each time. If you try it out, please let me know what you think 🙂

2. Nicole Booz
    November 26, 2018 / 9:04 pm

AHH I love this! It’s so fun to try new things. I need to try bite squad, I didn’t know it was unlimited delivery for $6!

• danaseersuckersass
      Author
      November 26, 2018 / 9:52 pm

Isn’t it?! And so much needed when you’re in a rut! I’m telling you, it’s the best. And you even get your first week of unlimited for free 🙂

3. November 27, 2018 / 4:03 am

I love trying new things, I like when its food lol! detox shots are so good for you!! I have a place near me that does them well too.

4. November 27, 2018 / 2:23 pm

Wow what fun and exciting things to say yes to! I also need to work on being kinder to myself. I give other people in my life a lot of leeway to make mistakes but I hold myself to impossible standards and hate myself when I don’t meet them. Glad you’re working on it too!

• danaseersuckersass
      Author
      November 28, 2018 / 9:35 pm

Isn’t it crazy how generous we can be toward other people but how strict we can be with ourselves?! Sending you love! We can do this 🙂

5. Hannah Becker
    November 27, 2018 / 3:16 pm

Love this, Dana! We JUST got back from NOLA and loved the Old Absinthe House.It’s such a cool place. I could have walked around the French Quarter for DAYS. I can’t wait to go back soon. There’s so much to see in New Orleans!

• danaseersuckersass
      Author
      December 1, 2018 / 4:00 pm

I loved how walkable the city was. It seemed like there was something to explore on every corner!

Let me know when you go back… one of my friends from Mississippi goes there quite a bit, and he has a very detailed restaurant list, complete with tips on when to go and what to order. I will send it your way 🙂

6. adriana
    November 27, 2018 / 4:20 pm

I’ve never heard of fiberglass nails! It sounds so cool! And I LOVE those detox shots too!

7. November 27, 2018 / 4:54 pm

Woah fiberglass nails sound awesome! And my friend lives in New Orleans and always talks about Absinthe

• danaseersuckersass
      Author
      December 1, 2018 / 4:01 pm

I am really enjoying them! They are holding up quite well 🙂 Have you tried absinthe before? If so, curious to hear your thoughts on it!

• December 8, 2018 / 6:58 pm

Yeah! But it was years ago so I need to again.

8. November 28, 2018 / 2:58 pm

I’m happy to hear that you’ve tried so many new things, sounds so fun! I’ve never actually heard of fibreglass nails, but I’ll need to look that up! I wish we had a food delivery system like Bite Squad here!

• danaseersuckersass
      Author
      November 28, 2018 / 9:46 pm

Thank you! Definitely worth looking into, they are stronger than gel but not as aggressive as acrylic in my opinion. Bite Squad has definitely made things easier! Up until about two months ago, there were two delivery options – pizza and Chinese food with a $30 minimum.

• danaseersuckersass
      Author
      December 1, 2018 / 3:42 pm

That is SO cool! Apparently, they are making a comeback 🙂

9. December 7, 2018 / 3:55 pm

Aw!! I love how you’ve been trying to be kinder to yourself. I think we all need to work on that, we’re just way too hard on ourselves!!

• danaseersuckersass
      Author
      December 14, 2018 / 7:48 pm

Agreed – we really do 🙂

10. December 12, 2018 / 10:33 pm

You tried absinth! Crazy, I only know about it from New Girl!

Lex Loves M