This post contains affiliate links. Thanks for supporting my little corner of the internet!
Happy weekend! When I started blogging, Weekend Reading posts were my favorite to write. At the time, I read so many other blogs that it just made sense to have one place where I shared them, and weekends just made sense. But like so many other things with blogging, I found Weekend Reading posts becoming stressful. I was traveling more, I was reading less, and I could never get the formatting just right.
Well, I’m back! While I know it will be impossible to share these every weekend, I’m looking forward to having an outlet to share some of my favorite blog posts and news stories.
1. When Hannah’s husband was disabled during military service, she found herself looking for a career that would allow her to continue as his caregiver. In this post, Hannah shares how to land a legit work from home job.
2. I’ve gotten pretty serious about healthy eating over the past few months, and I’m amazed at how much more expensive it can get. This video by Kallie gives great tips on how to eat healthy on a budget.
3. I currently have the honor of serving as president of a board, and I’ve spent most of my free time for the past three years supporting this organization. I’ve had a few people ask me what I’m going to do with all of my free time next year, and I have a list of personal goals that I’m hoping to achieve. I thought a 101 in 1001 list would be a fun way to do it! Mackenzie’s list is my inspiration.
4. If you’ve been following along on Twitter, you know that I’m really angry that insurance companies won’t cover colonoscopies under the age of 50… even if it’s deemed medically necessary because your chronic illness requires you to have one every year. When I started doing my research on why I was paying so much, I was even more livid. I know quite a few people have found my blog because we suffer from the same chronic illness, so if you’re one of those people, check out this New York Times article on “the weird world of colonoscopy costs.” (My colonoscopy was the same price as a Louis Vuitton Neverfull…)
5. My friend Sara wrote this beautiful blog post in memory of her godmother, Kristen. I don’t really have the words to describe it. It’s a beautiful piece, and I think it’s a great reminder of the legacy we can leave and the impact we can have on someone’s life.
6. I’ve really enjoyed getting to know Christina, both through her blog and in real life. When we met for coffee earlier this year, we spent most of our time talking about books. If you’re looking for some recommendations, check out four books she has absolutely loved.
7. There are lots of sales going on this weekend. I’m particularly excited for:
ANN TAYLOR – 40% of full price, 50% off sale styles
CENTURY 21 – various sales
J.CREW FACTORY – 50% off full price, additional 20% off sale styles
LOFT – 40% off
NEIMAN MARCUS LAST CALL – tons of clearance markdowns
NORDSTROM – summer sale (lots of good fall pieces!)
NORDSTROM RACK – Clear the Rack event (extra 25% off clearance)
PACT – up to 65% off clearance; my favorite wrap dress is on sale for $20!
SAKS OFF FIFTH – 25% off clearance, 30% off cold weather essentials
SEPHORA – beauty insider event (10-20% savings depending on tier)
ULTA – use coupon code 679729 for 20% off
VINEYARD VINES – select swim, tees, and shorts 50% off
Enough from me! Get out there and enjoy your long weekend 🙂 And feel free to drop your favorite link of the week in the comments for others to check it out. We’re all about community here!