Happy August, y’all! Something about a new month fills me with optimism. It’s nice to have a mini fresh start!
I’ve been really motivated lately with blogging, and I hope that trend continues on into August. August is traditionally a crazy month for me because of a major work event, but there are also some big changes going on with an organization I volunteer for, so I’m preparing myself for a month that’s even wilder than usual.
Something that helps me stay sane when life gets crazy is to have structure. So I’ve set some goals for this month that I feel are completely attainable with my schedule, as well as some steps on how to achieve these goals. I like to share my goals, because more often than not, it seems like someone I know will be working toward at least one of the same things. It’s a chance to find accountability partners, and also a nice glimpse at the work that goes on behind the scenes.
Increase blog traffic:
When I sat down this weekend and checked my Google Analytics, it was a bit depressing. That’s actually what inspired me to set some goals. I put a lot of work into my blog, and I would honestly put the same amount in if only three people were reading it, but there’s something nice about knowing people are reading your work and it’s hopefully helping people.
- Creating more content – This one is a no brainer. This is my 18th post this year, and I’m ashamed to even type that out. My biggest goal is ultimately to create more content and keep it at the high-quality level y’all are used to.
- Sharing archived content via social media – I’ve gotten into the habit of only sharing blog posts on social media the day they go live, and that’s really silly. While I write about sales and trends, I also strive to write evergreen content. So be prepared to see some oldies but goodies in your timelines soon.
- Utilizing Pinterest – I was using a scheduling program for Pinterest that gave me great result, but was not user friendly. I dreaded sharing content on Pinterest just because I knew it was going to be such a hassle. (The program also ranked your pins, and none of my pins ranked well, so I ended up feeling defeated each time I used it.) This week, I set up a Tailwind account, and I’m thrilled at how user friendly it is. If you aren’t using Tailwind yet, here’s a free month of their Plus plan on me!
Increase Instagram following to 2,200:
I just really want that swipe up feature, y’all! Haha. I love sharing articles and videos with y’all, and it would be so nice if I could just say “swipe up!” I know the road to 10k can’t happen overnight, so I’m focusing on slow and steady growth. (PS – shameless plug for my Insta)
- Posting every other day – I really love using Instagram to follow along with other people, but I don’t really love posting on there. So for this month, I’m working to post every other day. Eventually I hope to have enough content built up to post daily. But for now, I’m focusing on progress over perfection.
- Following relevant hashtags to engage with different content – I recently started following a few hashtags so to engage with content that I wouldn’t typically see on my feed. Engagement is one of the best ways to grow on Instagram, and this feels much more natural to me than setting a goal of engaging for X number of minutes each day.
A photo from this weekend’s shoot with Marigold Studios
Participate in a styled shoot:
I’ve wanted to do this for quite some time, and I think this month is a good time to bring it to life. I did a shoot with Marigold Studios last weekend, and I have plans to start working with Sweet Snaps Photography some, as well. I’ve done styled shoots on a small scale, but I really want to do something a little more extravagant.
What are your blogging goals for the month (or life goals – we can talk those too!)? And how can I support you with your goals?