September 28, 2017 / 6:41 pm

First of all, congratulations again on your interview! You are seriously amazing and inspiring. Secondly, I LOVE that you are able to look back on your nerves and laugh. If I had been interviewed for something like a magazine article I would have done the same things (down to considering a blow out and using white strips on the way there). I almost always hype myself up for big events then end up doing worse than I would have if I would have remained calm. Your tips about laying off the caffeine and enjoying the moment really hit home <3

2. Felice Raina
    September 29, 2017 / 1:26 am

Your outfit is so gorgeous. I can so relate to you. I always overthink and stress myself out before a big engagement. I honestly hate it and it ends up biting me in the ass 50% of the time. I always get so nervous lol! And yes caffeine doesn't help at all. It only makes you a lot more jittery.

3. Madeline Elizabeth
    September 29, 2017 / 2:18 am

If it makes you feel any better – I love the jacket! And we are able to learn from all opportunities, which it sounds like you are.xo, Maddyhttp://cassidylou.com/

4. Taylor Mead
    September 29, 2017 / 2:44 am

First of all, congrats on such an amazing opportunity! Secondly, I would have done the exact same thing. My nerves always get the best of me, so I can truly understand where you are coming from. Good news is, this will not be the last interview! They wanted to recognize you and other mags and newspapers, etc will want to do so, too! You rock :)xo, Taylor || The Millennial Sprinkle (thesprinkle.tayloramead.com)

5. Alex
    September 29, 2017 / 8:18 pm

Girl, I totally relate to this! I am AWFUL at interviews and public speaking in general. UGH. You are so right about the caffeine – it does NOT mix well with nerves…at all. That is so amazing that you got this opportunity, though!

6. Jay Jack
    September 29, 2017 / 10:44 pm

I love this! I am the exact same way any time I am in front of a large group or something of that nature. It is honestly comforting to know other people get that way too. I also just wanted to say that I LOVE the meaning behind your entire outfit. Super sweet and definitely says a lot about the kind of person you are. Can't wait to read more of your posts!XO JJwww.twentynineandterrified.com

7. Candice Nikeia
    September 30, 2017 / 3:50 pm

aw! I love this so much! Your honesty is amazing. Your outfit is amazing! Thanks for sharing!

8. Erica @ Coming up Roses
    October 3, 2017 / 5:17 pm

Interviews and public speaking can be so stressful! Love your tips for getting through one! Congrats on the opportunity!

9. Lauren Scorzafava
    October 3, 2017 / 11:06 pm

Enjoying the moment is so, so important! I get this way when I go in to do live segments sometimes and it's so silly because the more relaxed and calm I am the better I do. Loved this post and you look fierce! xxLauren Elizabeth Petite in Pearls