1. Tiffany Khyla
    August 24, 2016 / 7:55 pm

I love this post so much because it's a conversation I have with friends often. There are certain friends I have that, when we're together, we put our phones away. There have been times when I'm at a meal with friends and when I look around the table, everyone is on their phones, and I hate that. It's such a fine line being a blogger because we have so much social media to keep up with outside of blogging tself, but it's so important to remember to live life rather than focusing on documenting it.

August 24, 2016 / 9:18 pm

I've definitely shared an experience like the one you mentioned…gps failures are absolutely no fun! I have been trying to balance social media/technology with my real life. More often than not I find myself putting my phone in my purse and zipping it shut when I am with family and friends. I don't always get the best photos for my blog or social media as a consequence but it's worth it because I enjoy those technology free moments so much more!

3. Shane Prather
    August 25, 2016 / 1:18 am

Wow what an enlightening experience. I can't imagine getting around without a gps. And jealous you two got to meet!!

August 25, 2016 / 1:39 am

Oh my goodness- I'm so glad you made it back okay haha!! I feel very thankful that my mom taught me how to read maps at a young age (and that I also enjoy reading them for fun 😉 ), but sometimes it definitely is easy to rely on modern technology, especially for travel! xoxo Awww.southernbelleintraining.com

5. Greta Hollar
    August 25, 2016 / 2:52 am

This happened to me in England! My phone didn't work and I was so lost driving around. I drove until I found a starbucks with free wifi. But you're right, we're so spoiled by technology!Greta | http://www.gretahollar.com

6. Michelle Mink
    August 25, 2016 / 3:23 am

This happened to me when I was driving from North Carolina to Tennessee. Technology can be a blessing and a curse.

7. Amy L
    August 26, 2016 / 1:28 pm

North Carolina can be pretty tricky to navigate through! Also, loved the message in this post! I have been trying to get better at just setting my phone down and taking everything in and enjoying life. Who remembers that one time they spent all day scrolling through Instagram? Exactly. I hope you have a wonderful weekend girl!xoxoAmy | Pastel N Pink

8. Katie M
    August 28, 2016 / 1:51 am

Oh my gosh, I love this (not the fact you got lost haha). We actually talked about this in one of my classes the other day! I definitely need to work on spending a bit less time on my phone and more in the moment!xoxo,Katiechicincarolina.blogspot.com

9. Jordyn Upchurch
    August 29, 2016 / 2:30 am

This is an awesome post and something that we all need to be reminded of more often! As a teacher, I can't really have my phone during work hours and at first that really gave me the shivers of detox (haha!) but after a week or two, I've realized how nice it is and now I usually don't check my phone until I'm at home, relaxing after doing some work and chores-it's been a nice change of pace!xoxo, SSSouthern And Style

10. Lily Abolghasemi
    August 29, 2016 / 4:28 am

What an amazing story!! Gotta love GPS lol

11. ELG
    August 29, 2016 / 1:50 pm

I agree 100%! We spend so much time on our phones. My pet peeve is when someones on their phone at a meal…take a break and talk to the people around you!

12. Kristin Thompson
    August 29, 2016 / 6:49 pm

I am absolutely the worst when technology fails me, especially GPS – I definitely go into full panic mode! We lost power a few weeks ago and I was going crazy because I wanted to do a blog post!KristinThe Blush Blonde

13. Danika Schultz
    August 30, 2016 / 5:12 am

Wow, I would be so screwed without phone GPS… This is crazy! I don't even think about printing mapquests anymore, but this is a super good reminder!xoxo,Danika | http://whatdanikadoes.com