1. VivianBishopxo
    March 25, 2016 / 7:14 pm

I can relate to this so much. Last year I had three moles removed and several now that we are keeping an eye on. I stress to people so much to not tan and use sunscreen. The pain that the bandages cause alone is awful, I am so happy you're sharing your story. Many young ladies need to know you don't have to be tan to be pretty. Plus- there are too many great self tanning products to use at home!

2. Erica Ligenza
    March 25, 2016 / 7:23 pm

Wow girl, your story is powerful. Cheers to STAYING cancer free and for your willingness to share your story with others – you might save a life, and that's an incredible thing.Coming Up Roses

March 25, 2016 / 9:16 pm

This is a very powerful story, I think it is so amazing that you choose to share such an intimate piece of your life story. Skin cancer is no joke! I used to tan and I wish I could take back all of the damage I did to my skin, now I embrace my natural skin tone and tons of SPF!

4. Cristina Mandujano
    March 25, 2016 / 9:21 pm

So glad you wrote this post to speak up about how important it is to take care of your skin! My mom, grandma, and grandpa are melanoma survivors. I never leave the house without sunscreen (rain or shine) and I especially pack it on when I'm in the sun. I always wear a cap too and try to cover up with a loose fitting sundress unless I'm swimming or something. So happy that you are healthy and that you are using your voice to warn and protect others! X,Cristinacristinawashere.com

5. Dollhouse Goddesses
    March 25, 2016 / 11:15 pm

I'm so happy you get this taken care of. My mom just survived melanoma – she had lymph nodes removed in her arm and it was a very scary experience. I get mine checked and have had some removed in VERY interesting places that I don't even think have seen the sun! Thank you for sharing, YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!

6. Kristine C
    March 26, 2016 / 12:43 am

Thank you for sharing your story with us, Dana. Last year, my boyfriend really nudged me to take extra care to protect my skin from the sun – skin cancer runs in his family. I now make time to get out my skin on a nightly basis and really be in-tune to changes with my skin.

7. Allison Bigoness
    March 26, 2016 / 3:01 am

Thank you for sharing your story and I'm glad you have been five years cancer free. You are so strong! My dad has had to get numerous moles removed and recently just got one removed from the bridge of his nose. After his first mole removal my whole family has been on it with the sunscreen but there's always room for improvement.

8. Amy L
    March 26, 2016 / 3:22 am

Wow, thank you for sharing this with us. When I was in the 7th grade I went to the skin doctor to get a birth mark checked out. Long story short was I do have a risk for skin cancer because of it and ever since I've been pretty paranoid and have been trying to take care of my skin ever since. Thank you again for sharing this with us. *virtual hugs*

March 26, 2016 / 3:41 am

Taking care of your skin is so important and your story will definitely help people see that. I slather on sunscreen as much as possible and try to avoid the sun when I can.xoxo, Jennyxoxo, Jenny

10. A Peachy Sonder
    March 26, 2016 / 3:42 am

Sorry to hear about your scary check-up. I can't imagine how that must feel! My dad is also a survivor, and I take extra care to protect my pale skin now! Have a blessed Easter!

11. Megan
    March 26, 2016 / 6:22 am

Congrats on all your years cancer-free – my thoughts and prayers are with you as you wait on this round of biopsies. But really, I can't thank you enough for this post! Too many people think "Cancer isn't something that will happen to me." But melanoma is a lot more common than people tend to think, and being complacent about cancer is straight up dangerous. So thank you for getting real and speaking out about such a serious issue!

March 26, 2016 / 6:40 pm

You are in my thoughts and prayers as you wait on further news!! <3 I had a large mole that I was born with removed when I was in middle school- it was a very painful process at the time, but now that I'm older I'm grateful that it was removed when I was younger! xoxo Awww.southernbelleintraining.com

13. Lucy
    March 26, 2016 / 8:27 pm

This post really struck a chord with me, I totally understand how worried you must be about your check up but I'm sure everything will be fine, sending positive vibes your way! Congrats on 5 years, the necklace is beautiful. Lucy x- Yellowicing

14. ELG
    March 28, 2016 / 1:23 am

Thank you for sharing your story and inspiring so many men and women to take care of their skin.

15. Tiffany Khyla
    March 28, 2016 / 6:06 am

Oh my goodness. Thank you so much for sharing your story! Honestly, I tend to neglect my skin even though I live in the south and the sun is always shining here. This post was definitely a wake-up call. I need to be so much better about it. I really appreciate your honesty and willingness to share this!

16. Sara
    April 1, 2016 / 6:12 pm

Thank you for sharing your story! You're totally right about the importance of taking care of your skin – I'm so glad you're doing better now!

17. KiwiCat
    April 2, 2016 / 3:28 am

I've had several spots removed on my back and it's painful! I wish I had listened to my mom and not tried to lay out and tan by the pool at summer camp as a teen. It's not worth the pain! I now wear sunscreen religiously though it's a bit late for that more my skin…Kiersten @ Autumn Country Girl

18. Emly