1. Darrian Duckworth
    February 24, 2016 / 6:38 pm

This post is exactly the reason why I don't care about my "Instagram aesthetic" or whatever people call it these days. I don't want people who read my blog to think that every little thing about me is perfect because it definitely isn't. This includes having a fuzzy white rug that it seems ALL bloggers have. I get wanting pictures to look brilliant for promotional purposes but I would rather be 100% me (which sometimes includes a completely messy apartment and two dogs) than end up being less than authentic. Really great post, thanks for sharing.P.S. I love the rug!Darrian // http://www.ohshiftyall.com

2. angelintheoutfield
    February 24, 2016 / 7:02 pm

I want to actually applaud right now! This is fantastic. I have to admit that I get lost in the whole blogger aesthetic sometimes. Like the other day, I was cleaning out a little corner of my office and found all sorts of really great stuff that I was hoarding away just so I could take a photo of it. I'd forgotten that stuff was there so it obviously wasn't serving a purpose in my life. I made the choice to donate what I couldn't actually work into my everyday life and I feel so much better for it, like I'm living more authentically. I love the story behind your rugs. You should be very proud of those! Stories like that are why I love connecting with fellow bloggers so much. Great post! xx Merisa | Monogrammed Magnolias

February 24, 2016 / 8:06 pm

I totally get where you are coming from girl (and I think your rug is completely gorgeous with a great story). Authenticity is one of the main purposes and missions behind my blog, that being said I don't think it is wrong to make some decisions simply for aesthetic purposes, to me photography and blogging is a creative outlet and sometimes that means making creative/artistic decisions. I don't have a major problem with cropping my laundry basket out of a mirror picture but I do have an issue with photoshopping out undereye circles (I mean I'm a weirdo…I don't mind if a professional photographer does it but I can't do it to myself…it feels inauthentic). On the same not I can't bring myself to wear face makeup on a daily basis…it feels like too much for me, too fake, to inauthentic but I wear eyeliner and mascara each day (and dye my hair)…why is that any different? I think it all comes down to personal choices and how we feel in our gut about them. If a decision makes me feel inauthentic or "icky" it isn't the right choice for my blog and I need to listen to my gut. Great post girl <3

4. Sarah
    February 24, 2016 / 9:30 pm

I totally agree! I also like to remind myself that I enjoy looking back on my blog, and it originally started as a way to document my life. Would I want to look back on a post or a photo and have to try and remember the real image or story? No! I want it to be there for me, so that even when I am losing my memories my blog can remind me.I love your rugs and the story behind them!SarahSweet Spontaneity

5. Jenn, hellorigby.com
    February 24, 2016 / 9:37 pm

I absolutely love that rug! It's beautiful and so is the sentiment behind it. It can be really easy as a blogger to get caught up in the aesthetics and it's good to realize that everything doesn't always have to be perfect. We also have terrible natural lighting (ground floor condo, I feel your pain) so I make the most of when it's sunny and the light is pouring in, but I've definitely had to make due when it storms every.single.day as it often does in Seattle. 😉

February 24, 2016 / 10:20 pm

This post is just one of the many reasons that I love you and your heart! (And your cozy apartment!!) This is too funny because I was just thinking last week that I wished that I had one of those fluffy white rugs for insta photos hahaha. This post is such a great reminder to not join in the comparison game, but instead use our blogs and social media to be thankful for where we are in life! xoxo Awww.southernbelleintraining.com

7. Jordyn Upchurch
    February 25, 2016 / 12:08 am

Thank you SO much for posting this! It's so hard to get the perfect "aesthetic" that everyone is so into, so I've recently just stopped trying so hard. I style photos with things that I love, things that I live with every single day! We aren't born to fit in, sweet girl-we're born to stand out and let our lights shine :)xoxo, SSThe Southern Stylista

8. Ashley
    February 25, 2016 / 5:40 am

Okay 1. You're adorable. How was I not already following you on Instagram?! Anyways, that has been fixed. Following! 2. This post is so true and such an important lesson! I definitely have had moments where I try way too hard. When I stop trying to add a million things in to one photo and make it more simple and authentic, my photos come out so much better and end up doing better too! xo Ashley

9. Nicole
    February 25, 2016 / 3:20 pm

This is a beautiful post. I think we all get caught up in making sure we have the perfect photo and the perfect lighting with the perfect background. Authenticity is so important to me when it comes to blogging and I love that you share your authentic life with all of us. I hate seeing only the perfect people and their perfect lives. No one can be perfect all the time! I adore you and your blog! Keep being an amazing role model for all of us

10. A Lil' Style
    February 26, 2016 / 2:16 am

Thank you for sharing your honest story behind a photo! It is so easy to get caught up in perfection when it comes to blogging and especially, Instagrams. I mean, hello, I own one of those white faux fur rugs! It's important to remember to be real and authentic though. Again, thanks for sharing!Lauren | http://www.alilstyleblog.com

11. Katie M
    February 26, 2016 / 2:50 am

Snaps for you for posting this! As amazing social media can be, I totally agree about how important it is to stay true to yourself!xoxo,Katiechicincarolina.blogspot.com