Save as PNG.  Last but not least, save your photo as a PNG.  When you upload a PNG, the file stays crisp and white.  When you upload a JPEG, you often get that gray-ish tint to the background.

For my visual learners:

Helpful Hints for Blog Collages

Hope y’all found this to be helpful!  If you have any questions or ideas for future blog posts like this, reach out to me via the contact box or leave it in the comments!

Happy collage creating!

PS – If you love Gift Guides, check out this Pinterest board I made for them!  I’m accepting board contributors, so let me know if you’re interested, and I’ll add ya to it!

1. Miranda
    December 3, 2015 / 7:08 pm

Thanks for writing this up! I never thought to use Powerpoint for collages before. I can't wait to try!

2. Sarah
    December 3, 2015 / 9:25 pm

All very helpful information! Thanks for sharing :)SarahSweet Spontaneity

December 3, 2015 / 10:26 pm

This is perfect!I am weaning myself onto Photoshop right now but I have been loving the new PowerPoint tricks you've told me recently.Its so much easier than Photoshop.xoxo, Jenny || Breakfast at Lillys

4. A Peachy Sonder
    December 3, 2015 / 10:28 pm

This is such a great post! I've never even thought to use PowerPoint for images and can't believe that I've overlooked a great tool!!! Thanks for sharing sweet girl!xo. A Peachy Sonder

5. Cat
    December 4, 2015 / 12:02 am

I love using PowerPoint for blog collages! Some of my very first blog posts were collages inspired by some of my favorite style icons.Cat

6. Nicole
    December 4, 2015 / 12:22 am

This was the best best best tutorial ever! I really appreciate you sharing your knowledge and expertise! You rock! Nicole // Chronicling Home

7. Ashley
    December 4, 2015 / 1:17 am

SO helpful! I've never tried making a collage in powerpoint, but am going to now! Thank you for the helpful hints and tips!xo Ashley

8. Jordyn Upchurch
    December 4, 2015 / 1:49 am

I use powerpoint for most of my collages too! It's so easy and there are always so many different tools within it to experiment and play with :)xoxo, SSThe Southern Stylista

9. angelintheoutfield
    December 4, 2015 / 2:36 am

Oh my gosh, these are incredible tips! I used to use Word to remove the backgrounds from photos but never realized I could use PowerPoint to make complete graphics. It seems like it can take forever to make a graphic in Canva sometimes. Thanks for sharing and making everything so simple and easy. xx Merisa | Monogrammed Magnolias

December 4, 2015 / 4:08 am

SUCH a useful post!! So glad you decided to share this. đŸ˜‰ I know I'll be using this in the future for sure!xoxo Awww.southernbelleintraining.com

11. Katya Bychkova
    December 4, 2015 / 4:26 am

I never knew you can do collages in Power Point! I am using canva.com and sometimes pickmonkey.com to do so. Very helpful post indeed! Thank you for the tips!http://stylesprinter.com/

12. Sarah Murphy
    December 4, 2015 / 6:34 am

So helpful! Thanks for sharing! I do mine in SnagIt :)x Sarahhttp://www.bohochiccafe.com

13. Janelle @ Wholly Healthy
    December 4, 2015 / 6:35 am

I never would have thought to use PowerPoint – great tutorial!

14. Lindsay Emow
    December 4, 2015 / 1:58 pm

Great tips! I never thought to use PPT before!!XoLindsaySugar & Something

15. Lindsey Aleson
    December 4, 2015 / 5:01 pm

Great tips. I have never used PowerPoint in this way before.

December 4, 2015 / 5:21 pm

Wow it's really interesting that you use powerpoint. I always use photoshop (occasionally picmonkey), I had no idea you even could use powerpoint for this sort of thing. Super interesting tips! Thank you!

17. Diary of a Debutante
    December 4, 2015 / 9:59 pm

Such great information!! I'm embarrassed to say I've never formatted my own background on PP. Thanks for sharing!xo,StephanieDiary of a Debutantewww.thediaryofadebutante.com

18. Katie M
    December 5, 2015 / 2:25 pm

I love these tips, so helpful!xoxo,Katiechicincarolina.blogspot.com

19. Kate Steadman
    December 7, 2015 / 3:40 pm

Wow!! I use photoshop all the time, but it's amazing that you can do so much in powerpoint, I had no idea!xo,Sara Kate Styling

20. Tiffany Khyla
    December 7, 2015 / 8:04 pm

That's so awesome that you do your collages in PowerPoint! I would have never thought to do that. I don't have Photoshop, so it's great to know what other resources are out there for me to use. I edit most of my pictures and make collages with online resources, namely Pixlr. I also use PicMonkey for simpler designs and for editing things in a pinch. Definitely can't wait to give PowerPoint a go!

21. Savannah Ward
    December 8, 2015 / 12:09 am

I've never thought about using PP, I always use Canva! Thanks so much for sharing these tips!!http://thealwaysblog.com

22. Adrienne
    December 8, 2015 / 9:46 pm

Thanks so much for this! I just created my first collage using PowerPoint and your guide.

23. McKenna Bleu
    April 20, 2017 / 4:56 pm

I use Bazaart phone app for collages and it gets rid of the background and is super easy to use!