I was really excited to get to shoot this skirt, because I’ve been eyeing it for quite a while and caught it on sale for half price over Labor Day weekend.  It arrived this week, and I’ve already dreamed up about a million ways to style it… It will definitely be making it on the blog again this fall!  Also, I’m surprised at how much I loved the silver howlite necklace I got in my Rocksbox.  I didn’t really wear yellow gold until I started blogging, but once I started, I have stopped buying any silver or white gold jewelry.  Maybe it’s time to pull it all back out?!

Real talk time:  These are some of my favorite photos ever taken for the blog.  However, I had a meltdown before taking them.  I wanted to wear booties for the shots, but it just wasn’t feasible.  (It’s a park made up of mostly dirt trails, and there are acorns littering the paths since it’s that time of year!  It’s definitely not a high heel friendly park… but why should it be?)  And I kept telling myself that other bloggers would have just sucked it up and wore the booties and risked a broken ankle.  But that’s not me, y’all!  I’m sensible, I like comfort, and I can’t afford a broken ankle.  Maybe one day I’ll be comfortable doing so, but I’m really just starting to get comfortable carrying my DSLR with me!  In the mean time, I’ll continue wearing sensible shoes, enjoying God’s glory in the nature around me and in the moment, and trying to catch a peek at the elusive little river otters that are never out to play.

Thanks for supporting my blog and accepting me as I am.  I love y’all to pieces, and I hope you’re having a very happy Monday!

How was your weekend?  Has fall hit where you live yet?

XX,

SS

1. Ashley Vickney
    September 14, 2015 / 4:08 pm

Girl your outfit is fabulous! It's the perfect for fall, and I am right with you on sensibility! I do the comparison game too, but realized that I want my blog to succeed because I'm being me! Great backdrop for your photos!xoxo

September 14, 2015 / 4:56 pm

You look way cute! Now I want this skirt even more. You do you and there's no reason to sacrifice your health for a good photo because these turned out perfect regardless!xoxo, Jenny || Breakfast at Lillys

3. Jadoregrace
    September 14, 2015 / 5:02 pm

Haha, yes girl I am so glad you did the right thing and didn't risk your well-being just for some pictures. Still love the outfit! I had an awesome weekend and the weather just started getting divine yesterday so I am SO looking forward to fall! Jadore l Jadoregrace

September 14, 2015 / 6:33 pm

SO cute and fall-like! Loving this outfit on you!!! And love how you live near a nature preserve- I live near several back home in Maine and I miss that a lot!xoxo Awww.southernbelleintraining.com

5. Ashley @ Lilly & Lemons
    September 14, 2015 / 6:34 pm

Gorgeous pictures! Love your outfit!

6. Sara Holt
    September 14, 2015 / 6:55 pm

Love, love, love the maroon paired with the leopard!

September 14, 2015 / 7:03 pm

I think this outfit is so cute and looks just as adorable with flats as with booties. I like keeping it real when possible which to me definitely means not wearing heels in a nature preserve! You're stunning like always <3

September 14, 2015 / 9:00 pm

You are rocking the maroon color! So gorgeous on you! Mikayla | A Seersucker State of Mind.

September 14, 2015 / 9:06 pm

Bay's mountain looks like a gorgeous place to be! Really love the outfit you put together and good on you for being sensible with your footwear! I watched "Jurassic World" recently, and Bryce Dallas Howard was running away from dinosaurs through the jungle in HEELS throughout the whole movie – not realistic at all!Alessandra | blog.pumpup.com

September 14, 2015 / 9:09 pm

So super cute! Love this bold color and print combo.Courtney//As We Stumble Along

11. Shane Prather
    September 14, 2015 / 9:10 pm

Loving the pop of blue in the shoes girl!

12. Alex
    September 14, 2015 / 9:12 pm

I for one like the flats with your outfit, no use risking a sprained ankle for a shot! So pretty!-Alexwww.monstermisa.blogspot.com

13. Lucy
    September 14, 2015 / 11:01 pm

Cute outfit! I love the combination of the maroon with the leopard print, and personally I think the flat shoes set it off better than heels would have! Lucy x- Yellowicing

14. Katie M
    September 14, 2015 / 11:26 pm

I love the skirt, I bought the black version during Labor Day weekend! I totally feel you on the shoes, sometimes I feel like I need to be posting fall outfit posts even though it is 95 degrees out!xoxo,Katiechicincarolina.blogspot.com

15. ELG
    September 14, 2015 / 11:46 pm

That looks gorgeous! I love going to new outdoor locations!

16. Lexis Hope
    September 15, 2015 / 1:03 am

Lovely photos! That skirt is adorable!

17. Ashley _
    September 15, 2015 / 2:19 am

That skirt!!! I'm seriously in love your outfit here. Pops to you for wearing sensible shoes.

18. Lauren Ashley
    September 15, 2015 / 2:48 am

Looks like such a beautiful place and I LOVE that outfit!LaurenThe Fashionista's Diary

19. Ashley
    September 15, 2015 / 3:39 am

These photos are gorgeous! I am in love with your outfit too!! Such a fun look! You remind me of Audrey Hepburn!

20. Jordyn Upchurch
    September 15, 2015 / 4:19 am

I absolutely love how real you are on your blog, that's why you're my inspiration and one of my favorite bloggers 🙂 This outfit is precious by the way!xoxo, SSThe Southern Stylista

21. Taylor I
    September 15, 2015 / 4:33 am

I love that necklace! So pretty!Taylortayetc.blogspot.com

September 15, 2015 / 10:23 am

I love this outfit and the print on the top definitely fits in with your surroundings :)Pop over to my blog!Sarahhttps://everydayconcepts.wordpress.com

23. Nancy Laws
    September 15, 2015 / 11:48 am

Didn't even miss the booties, lol…the skirt is really gorgeous, and the scenery was just amazing

24. Brooke
    September 15, 2015 / 1:56 pm

Could your outfit be any cuter??? Love the color of that skirt is simply beautiful! xoxoBrooke|LookBrooke

25. Alicia
    September 15, 2015 / 2:05 pm

Ahhh, love the skirt and leopard! This outfit is perfect for fall!xo, Alicia | Alicia Tenise

26. AforAlyce
    September 15, 2015 / 3:34 pm

Such a beautiful place for photos! 😀 I really like your shirt, the leopard print adds an edgy detail to the whole look. ADVENTURES IN WONDERLAND

27. Ally Gagliardo
    September 15, 2015 / 8:14 pm

It looks like you're having so much fun! In Greenville, where I go to school, there is a few nature preserves in the area! It's a really great place to go walk my dog and have fun adventures!

28. Kayla Rivoli
    September 15, 2015 / 10:19 pm

I love the color combo in this outfit! The skirt and pattern in the shirt is absolutely perfect. It's still pretty hot up in PA but recently its started to cool down a little! Can't wait for fall!Kayla | kaylablogs.com

29. Nicole
    September 16, 2015 / 2:00 am

Girl you look amazing!! I love the leopard paired with the colored skirt! You are so incredibly chic!! Nicole // Chronicling Home

30. Southwestern Prepster
    September 16, 2015 / 4:41 am

That is such a cute outfit, and I am with you on the flats vs. booties thing – safety and comfort should come first!xx, MikkaelaThe Southwestern Prepster

31. Erica Ligenza
    September 17, 2015 / 12:29 am

I love all of the above. Leopard, oxblood….YES.Coming Up Roses

32. Macarena Ferreira
    September 17, 2015 / 12:56 am

SO cute on you. Love these combos. And, I live in Miami…fall isn't even close. :(xo // http://www.thematerialgirl.co