1. Sarah
    September 22, 2015 / 4:18 pm

All great suggestions! I would include breath mints. You never know when you'll be pulled into a meeting right after lunch, or when you'll be taking a cab with a top executive. Have them on hand for yourself and to offer to those around you – sometimes that's all you need to break the ice!SarahSweet Spontaneity

2. Jordyn Upchurch
    September 22, 2015 / 5:21 pm

Friction block is literally life. I told my husband about it when he was breaking in a pair of loafers and he seriously swears by it now!xoxo, SSThe Southern Stylista

3. Miranda
    September 22, 2015 / 6:20 pm

This is a cute idea! I seriously need a padfolio. I've been going to "big" meetings lately and feel so out of place without one! I'm going to have to look into the friction block. That seems like a great idea!

4. Morgan Flinchum
    September 22, 2015 / 8:15 pm

All of these are great go-tos! I never drank a lot of coffee before starting work and now I can't start my day without one!-MorganHow 2 Wear It [] http://how2wearit.com

5. Allison
    September 22, 2015 / 8:24 pm

Omg yes dry shampoo–because I'm too tired to wash my hair when I get home from work!

6. A Peachy Sonder
    September 22, 2015 / 8:38 pm

Great suggestions! My pens are always stolen because I invest in nice ones, but they are the ones I prefer so I just deal with it! It's the little things in life (like a perfect pen) that mean the most. :)xo. A Peachy Sonder

7. Unknown
    September 22, 2015 / 8:39 pm

This is such a cute idea! I would have never thought of making a gift basket. I am also very glad you recommended items that are essential for someone starting out in the workforce. I am a college junior, so I'm not there yet, but I know the day isn't too far off when I will be needing this advice!Colleen | Buckeye Bliss

September 22, 2015 / 8:55 pm

Such a solid list!I'd def add an agenda in the mix as well because I'd be completely lost without my planner.xoxo, Jenny || Breakfast at Lillys

9. Kayleigh Adam
    September 22, 2015 / 10:31 pm

Love love this! So true!www.kayleighskloset.com

September 22, 2015 / 10:54 pm

After just over a year in the workforce I can vouch for your first job survival kit. Lipstick totally makes me feel more put together, I CANNOT live without coffee and a tide to go pen is a smart item I need to incorporate.

11. Allison Leighann
    September 22, 2015 / 11:13 pm

I love this so much. I actually have my first "real job" interview this Thursday! :)Allisonleighann.

12. Lauren Ashley
    September 22, 2015 / 11:17 pm

YES! This is great! How cute would this be as a care package for a family or friend who's going into a first job?!LaurenThe Fashionista's Diary

13. Brittany Lockwood
    September 22, 2015 / 11:31 pm

This is so perfect, as you know I just started my new job. I might just have to make a little gift basket for myself. Thank you so much for your constant advice and support as I journey through post grad life! <3xx. Brittany | Southern Soul

14. Carley
    September 23, 2015 / 12:51 am

I have been on the hunt for a padfolio, thanks for sharing!!Carley @ preppylane.blogspot.com

15. Kylie Souder
    September 23, 2015 / 1:08 am

Such a great post, these are definitely necessities!

16. Nicole
    September 23, 2015 / 2:19 am

You nailed the first job kit perfectly! I love the friction blocker…it's a must! And good quote is always great to keep spirits up at work!Nicole // Chronicling Home

17. Ashley Vickney
    September 23, 2015 / 2:31 am

Love this! Saving it for my first job in January! Love this! xoxo

September 23, 2015 / 3:13 am

Great post! Cannot stress tide to go enough! I end up getting the weirdest stains from food randomly, I swear!Courtney//As We Stumble Along

19. Ashley
    September 23, 2015 / 4:01 am

AMEN to all of the above!! My keurig cups are my biggest and most important items in my survival kit! I usually make coffee and take it with me before work, but on those few days I forget, my K-cups come to the rescue!xo Ashley

20. PostgradPrep
    September 23, 2015 / 11:59 am

I would add favorite snacks (serious my snack drawer is my favorite), cute post-its/to do list pads, toothbrush/toothpaste since you never know if you will have a big meeting after lunch, and lotion. What a great idea though and you covered a lot!

September 23, 2015 / 2:19 pm

Such great recommendations! I think you got everything covered. I can't tell you how many times I've needed tide to go after spilling coffee on my shirt – such a klutz!Alessandra | blog.pumpup.com

22. Kayla Rivoli
    September 23, 2015 / 3:20 pm

I've never heard of the friction block balm! I need to look into that! These are all really great items that I'd love to receive if I was starting in the "real world"! Kayla | kaylablogs.com

23. Alicia
    September 24, 2015 / 7:07 pm

I don't think I would have survived post-grad life without coffee. I've become an addict!!xo, Alicia | Alicia Tenise

September 27, 2015 / 10:48 am

Great post! Pens are a must because somehow I always start with about 50 and end up with one half chewed one??Pop over to my blog!Sarahhttps://everydayconcepts.wordpress.com

25. Lexis Hope
    October 21, 2015 / 10:15 am

Tide to go can save lives!xoxo Lex // LexMeetsWorld

26. Deborah Bodayle
    May 14, 2016 / 3:09 pm

I also think Static Guard and a small bottle of body spray would be items that could be included in this wonderful gift idea. Maybe even clear nail polish to stop a run in your hose.

27. Deborah Bodayle
    May 14, 2016 / 3:11 pm

28. Jennifer
    May 2, 2018 / 11:58 am

Having everything in a GOOD (Get Out Of Dodge) Bag is a vastly improved thought when you have to move in short request. survival backpacks