April 1, 2015 / 5:15 pm

Wow, wonderful story!One of my good friends just got diagnosed with cancer and she seems to be handling it with such positivity. I truly applaud people who can take that mindset when facing such a challenge. You seemed to handle it with grace as well after the initial shock. I'll be emailing you with my why me moment soon :)xoxo, Jenny || Breakfast at Lillys

2. Miranda
    April 1, 2015 / 6:07 pm

What an amazing story. I love the "why not me" outlook. Definitely a game changer! Thank you for sharing.

April 1, 2015 / 6:52 pm

Oh sweet friend- you just keep inspiring me!! I had read your previous posts about your story with battling cancer in college, but I had no idea that you had a chronic illness before that! I have even more respect for you after reading that, and hearing your positive attitude through both. 🙂 Wow. This post honestly might have inspired me to write something personal and similar soon! Thank-you for sharing!! xoxoxo

4. Upstate Prep
    April 1, 2015 / 7:07 pm

Wow, what a great story! Thank you for sharing and for being so inspiring! xoxo

5. Lindsey Lam
    April 1, 2015 / 7:08 pm

This is an incredible story! You have been through so much and I hope there are many more great things to come for you. As much as many of us say we aren't superstitious, I think many of us tend to have faith in the idea of karma. Bad things happen to bad people, right? Which means good things should happen to good people. But the world doesn't always work that way, unfortunately, and I find that it's something I constantly need to remind myself of. But, I will admit, it is also the driving force behind some of the things I do. I have a huge problem with comparing myself to others and trying to be special and better so that better things will come to me. The reality is, sometimes it's just sheer luck.High Heels & Happy Feels

6. A Peachy Sonder
    April 1, 2015 / 7:14 pm

Girl, you are such an inspiration. I know that life comes with trials in different forms for different people, but it doesn't make it easier when you're in the middle of a personal struggle. Thank you for being so brave and honest! You've definitely been through a lot and I love the positive perspective you choose to take on life. Great post.xox.

7. Lauren-lee Grace
    April 1, 2015 / 7:38 pm

That was an incredible touching personal story that you shared. I'm so sorry for the hardships you have had to encounter, but you seem to handle it with such grace and integrity. God wouldn't give you things you couldn't handle and maybe he's using you as a voice to other women that say "why me" or are struggling like those two girls that you helped. You're so brave and I think you're going to do great things. Stay positive and persistent! xo, Lauren-leewww.laurenleegrace.blogspot.com

8. Alex
    April 1, 2015 / 8:19 pm

Wow, what an amazing story. You have been so brave to tell your story and inspire others.-Alexwww.monstermisa.blogspot.com

9. Caro @ The Caro Diaries
    April 1, 2015 / 10:49 pm

This is such an amazing and inspirational story and post! I teared up reading.. I, too, often say "why me?!" and you're right, we need to start saying why NOT me!Thanks for sharing your amazing story.. you have a new reader in me! SO glad I found you through Millennial! xo caro <3

10. Brittany Lockwood
    April 1, 2015 / 11:45 pm

You are definitely a special snowflake to me! You are one of the strongest, most inspirational women I know and I am eternally grateful that I got to "meet" you through blogging. xx.Brittany

11. Ashley _
    April 2, 2015 / 12:22 am

Wow, what an amazing story! Thank you for sharing this with us all.Bramblewood Fashion

12. Denise Kokinis
    April 2, 2015 / 1:27 am

Such an amazing and heartwarming story! I really liked the 'why not me' approach to this! Thank you so much for sharing!! Denise | Fashion Love Letters

13. Kim Alston
    April 2, 2015 / 1:37 am

This resonates so much with me! In 2009, I had mine. A lot went wrong (in my mind), but all in all it was a blessing. I was around mean spirited and selfish people. Making bad decisions. I ended letting go of everything and that is when GOD rewarded me with MORE. Thank you for sharing your story. This really touched my heart.http://www.averysweetblog.com/

14. Pink and Fabulous
    April 2, 2015 / 1:44 am

This is so honest and important. That quote is absolutely amazing and we all need to take it to heart. You're so strong!

15. Shannon Jenkins
    April 2, 2015 / 3:07 am

Wow those words are so inspiring! Sometimes I think God picks the strongest people to have things like this happen to them. He knows you will get through it and then inspire others that they can too! Just like you are! :)<3 ShannonUpbeat Soles

16. Kriselle Mendoza
    April 2, 2015 / 3:45 am

How inspiring! I think it kind of goes back to being grateful and always remembering to be thankful you're even alive and breathing. It really puts things into perspective. Thank you so much for sharing your story!

17. meandmr.com
    April 2, 2015 / 3:04 pm

I love this post. You are so strong and inspirational! Melanie @ meandmr.com

18. Hannah-Kate
    April 3, 2015 / 2:17 am

Great post. This is so true. It doesn't matter who you, are, sickness, death, injury, and hard times in general can happen to anyone. It's encouraging to remember that God will work these events into a beautiful blessing. Hard to believe sometimes but true. Again, wonderful post and God bless you!!xo Hannah-Katewww.thepreppyequestrian.blogspot.com

19. Anett B
    April 3, 2015 / 2:23 am

Thank you so much for sharing your story! I can't imagine how hard it must have been for you, but I hope you are doing well now. You are an incredibly strong and inspiring woman!Bella Pummarola

20. Sweet Southern Sass - Ashlee
    April 3, 2015 / 6:34 pm

I think I have a similar problem but mine being a little reversed, if that makes sense. (LOL) My main is just being patient. I want to just instantly jump to conclusions but I have to learn to sit back and wait before I instantly go to the "why/why not me?" part.I recently posted a blog about being Grateful after seeing this post and coming across an image on Pinterest. If you get the chance, check it out! http://sweet-southernsass.blogspot.com/2015/04/thoughtful-thursday-3-being-grateful.html

April 4, 2015 / 9:02 pm

Wow, such an inspiring post! You're so strong and definitely an amazing role model! I have great respect and admiration for you xxSarahhttps://everydayconcepts.wordpress.com/