March 25, 2015 / 4:28 pm

For me being present in a relationship (after a bunch of long days at work, especially), is all about putting away the devices (phone, computer, iPad, etc.) for at least a little chunk of time. I have such a bad habit of sometimes letting my phone and social media consume my time with my boyfriend instead of actually enjoying our time together to the fullest. So during dinner time (when we are together), we try to avoid using our phones and whatnot so we can catch up on each other's days/lives. I feel like just that little bit of time makes a difference. Then if we want to do other things on our own afterwards, we are able to do that.Because sometimes everyone just needs a little me time..especially after a long day :)xoxo, Jenny || Breakfast at Lillys

2. Nicole
    March 25, 2015 / 4:33 pm

These goals are great ideas. Being present is something I have to think about and be conscious about every day!xo ClassToCloset

3. BLovedBoston
    March 25, 2015 / 4:57 pm

I love the idea of being present and I struggle with it daily!! I'm working on trying to get as much done on sunday night's for the blog so i'm not overwhelmed during the week!! xo, Biana – BlovedBoston

4. Brooke
    March 25, 2015 / 5:54 pm

Being present is something I struggle with too, it's so hard not to get caught up with everything going on that your attention sometimes slack. I love your tips though, giving your attention really can make all the difference with relationships!xoxoBrooke|LookBrooke

5. Lenya
    March 25, 2015 / 6:07 pm

These are great goals, SS. As you know I had to cut down my blog time due to work, well things are slowly getting back to normal with the company I am working for, but I think I won't go back to my three outfits/week thingy, that is not right now. Like you I need some time for myself, being present, time to enjoy, all those things you mentioned in the above. hugsLenyaFashionDreams&Lifestyle

6. Ramy Hamilton
    March 25, 2015 / 6:50 pm

Great post! Totally agree! Learning to say no not just to other but also yourself is really important! :)http://tickleyourvanity.com

7. Chelsea Marrs
    March 25, 2015 / 7:24 pm

Aw so sorry you've been having a hard time. I definitely know what you mean about the struggle to be in the present, especially as a blogger! It's great to have a set list of things like this to work on! Chelsea Chow Down USA

8. Lindsey Lam
    March 25, 2015 / 7:46 pm

I empathize with you 100%. Personally, I like to take a few moments to recentre myself and snap out of it. (I tend to do things cold turkey-style.) I'll sit down and think about my one- or five-year plans and motivate myself to get back into the groove. Running helps a lot for me, or any physical activity (like going to a yoga class). I try to make practicing mindfulness a part of everything I do now in order to keep from slipping into that less than stellar place of mind.Glad to year you're doing better! Inspirational reads always help, too!High Heels & Happy Feels

9. Vanessa D'Orazio
    March 25, 2015 / 8:08 pm

Actually I'm one of those people who rarely says no, but with the time I've realized that actually sometimes it's ok to say no!http://www.notesofglam95.blogspot.it/

10. Brittany Lockwood
    March 25, 2015 / 8:52 pm

Absolutely love this post. We all have those times and it is definitely good to take a little "me time" when you need it. xx.Brittanylifelikeatwentysomething.blogspot.com

11. Mrs. Mason Dixon
    March 25, 2015 / 9:19 pm

Technology is certainly a blessing and a burden but putting it away sometimes really helps to "be present." Great post!xoAlex | Mrs. Mason Dixon

March 25, 2015 / 10:10 pm

Great post, I really needed it as I get carried away sometimes and isolate myself which is not fair on everyone around me!Sarahhttps://everydayconcepts.wordpress.com/

13. Kim Alston
    March 25, 2015 / 10:23 pm

You are definitely doing the best thing for yourself! I use to comment everyday and it became way too much. So now I just read and respond to comments every other day. It's important to spend time with love ones, because you don't get those moments back.http://www.averysweetblog.com/

14. Alex
    March 25, 2015 / 10:38 pm

I really enjoyed putting the computer away while I was on vacation and not even thinking about taking blog photos or topic ideas. It's important to recharge and come back with fresh ideas and experiences.-Alexwww.monstermisa.blogspot.com

15. A Peachy Sonder
    March 26, 2015 / 12:34 am

Preach, sista! I think these are great stands to take to create a positive change in your life. It is so hard in this day and age of technology to just unplug and be engaged off of the screen. Thanks for the inspiration and good luck- you deserve it!xox. A Peachy Sonder

16. Stylish Michigan Mom
    March 26, 2015 / 2:15 am

Such a great post and so relatable! My wake up call was ironically found on the internet titled "How to Miss a Childhood." It was basically about how you can miss your child growing up right before your eyes when you are on your phone/internet all the time. It was specifically about missing out on time with your kids but the message could be about anyone important in our lives. I try to only work on my blog when my son is napping, at school, etc. This means I don't get to post everyday, but when it comes right down to it, my life is so much more than my blog…or Facebook…or Pinterest; you get the point! Sometimes we all need a little new perspective and I'm happy that you have found it! Good luck with your goals!Rachael stylishmichiganmom.blogspot.com

17. Anett B
    March 26, 2015 / 3:12 am

A very valuable piece of advice and I really needed this right now :)Bella Pummarola

18. Shireen L. Platt
    March 26, 2015 / 3:50 am

I read this post and you got me nodding my head in agreement. I'm a stay at home mum and yet, I find it almost impossible to keep up. My baby is almost 11 months old and starting to walk, and I find it really hard to juggle the time between him, family time and blogging. The thought of quitting has come across my mind but I love what I do. So now I try to answer as much comments as I could but some will be left unanswered but never unread and I made sure to visit all their blogs. It's better time management for sure. Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

19. Tina Phan
    March 26, 2015 / 6:01 am

I totally know what you mean! It's so important to put away with your computer and spend time with your loved ones. But at the same time, I try to comment on blogs too and it indeed is very time consuming!Tinawww.justatinabit.com

20. Bash Harry
    March 26, 2015 / 8:03 am

Aww, I'm sorry you had such a crappy past few weeks. Yes, it can be difficult to say no, it always hurts even though its the right thing to do. I always try to enjoy the moment and make it last as long as possible, take in everything to remember. That's how I stay in the present <3xx Bash | Bash Says Hey | bloglovin'

21. Nilu Yuleena Thapa
    March 26, 2015 / 1:55 pm

I hope you are having a good day! The points you've written are amazing and I think your BF is very practical and caring!Xx,Nilu YuleenaBIG hair LOUD mouth

22. Gabrielle
    March 26, 2015 / 2:38 pm

How lovely that you boyfriend sent you the link to the blog post, it sounds as though it was exactly what you needed to read at this point in your life! I couldn't agree with you more about learning when to say 'no', I discovered the power of that a couple of years ago and have never looked back! :)Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice x

23. meandmr.com
    March 26, 2015 / 2:49 pm

I really need to work on putting my computer away! I sometimes get to carried away 🙁 Melanie @ meandmr.com

24. Caroline {Virginia Sweet}
    March 26, 2015 / 4:45 pm

saying NO is the hardest thing ever and ever!!! My husband gets after me all the time for not being present…… this is a great blog post!

25. Jordyn Brown
    March 27, 2015 / 4:17 am

These are great tips! Being present is really hard for me because I find myself buried under projects, blogging stuff, etc. and leaving the most important things (spending time with family, friends, my fiance', and my animals). My biggest tip is to budget your time, it doesn't sound fun but it works!xoxo, SSThe Southern Stylista

26. Roxanne Libatique
    March 30, 2015 / 8:48 am

Thank you so much for these words of wisdom! ♥ I really need to learn how to say no. 🙁 I easily get stressed out, be pressured, and panic so it's usually hard for me to say no. It caused me a lot of problems before and I think if I don't change, it would cause even more problems in the future. xxRoxanne ♥ | Awkward Turtle