Tomorrow is my 24th birthday! I seriously can’t wait, y’all. My dad came in this weekend to celebrate with me, and even though I’ll be working on my birthday, I’m looking forward to dinner with my family that evening. My birthday also means its time to wrap up my 24 Before 24 Series!
One thing I did that threw my plans for a loop this year was move out. I hadn’t planned on it and kind of left on a whim, so I didn’t have the funds to do as much as I would have liked to. However, I’m pretty proud of all that I accomplished! The past year has really felt like I’ve grown into my own, and I’m so thankful that you’ve been following along with me. Here’s my progress!
- Learn calligraphy – Confession: I tried to write in calligraphy for my secret santa tags at work, and it was freaking hard! I’ve been reading up on different tips and markers and tools, so I hope to take a little bit of my birthday money and buy myself some tools! I’d really love to be able to address my wedding envelopes & place cards whenever that day may come.
- Devote myself to a devotional – I’m embarrassed to admit that I still haven’t done this. I spoke to an exercise instructor one day about how it doesn’t feel like there are enough hours in the day to take care of me, and she told me her biggest trick is to schedule it! Put it on your calendar like a meeting! So, I hope to do that this year – set aside an hour a couple of days a week to just focus on His word.
- Spend a weekend in Asheville – I had two day trips here, but no weekend visit. And I still haven’t made it to Biltmore! I’m not a “Bucket List” person, but visiting Biltmore is one of like five things on my bucket list.
- Regularly attend church – I grew up in church, and I’ve been really hurt by church in the past. I found a church that I really loved, but it was an hour from home. I have really been exploring the Catholic faith lately, as I am very impressed with Pope Francis. (My boyfriend and his family are Catholic, my stepmother is Catholic, and my dad was Catholic before he married my mother.) I have been praying for healing, and I hope that soon I will feel prepared to attend church soon, and hopefully begin my conversion this year.
100 Happy Days ChallengeIf you want a free way to change your life, do this! I am really contemplating doing this again this year. When I was dealing with so much violence at home, this challenge really forced me to think of something that made me happy! Utilize the shift keyY’all, I can use a shift key now! Become a devoted yogiI wouldn’t call myself a yogi, but I have started going back to yoga AND even taking more workout classes! Whoooo! Plan an amazing bridal showerAnddd I’m going to be in a wedding this summer so bring on round two! Law school “stuff”I’m ready, y’all! I’ve started studying, I’ve picked a date, I’ve researched schools, and I’ve met with a financial planner to start saving. My applications will be going in on September 1! Visit a “Paint your own pottery” studioTechnically, I did this twice! I painted my own pottery AND went to a canvas painting party, as well! Have a 3-year cancer free celebrationThis ended up being moving into my apartment! What a way to celebrate 🙂 Plan another sold out eventAnd now that 2015 is here, it’s time to plan my last huge work event!
- Stay away from caffeine I have really made progress on this one! Caffeine free is the way to be, and my body loves me for it.
- Do more Meals on Wheels routes – Still trying to force myself to sign up for some 2015 routes. I don’t know why this stresses me out so much. I was terrified of nursing homes as a child, and I really think this is part of why I get so nervous about doing it. (We don’t deliver to nursing homes, but we do deliver to some places that might as well be.)
Add to my Lilly Pulitzer collection –I’ve definitely been killing it on this one. *hairflip* Continue improvements on the blog –The blog redesign has started! I know I say that every month, but I promise, it’s coming along.
- Visit Nashville again – This one didn’t work out after all 🙁 There’s always next year!
Be a birthday fairy Go to a concertTrain is amazing in concert. If you ever have the chance, GO!
- Plan a brunch – I had planned to do this for my 24th, but my dad and stepmom came in, so I decided to brunch with them instead 🙂 Definitely doing this for my 25th!
Find a diet that worksY’all, I actually enjoy cooking now. I don’t know what happened, but I have started making kind of a “go to” meal – grilled chicken, brown rice, cucumber slices, hummus, and a string cheese. I usually make it either for lunch or dinner. I’ve also started eating lots of healthy snacks, and that has helped my potato chip craving go away! Put more effort into my professional appearanceNow that I’ve chopped my hair off, I do something with it every morning! And I actually have time to put on my makeup now! Keep smiling#cheese Continue doing things that scare meThis is what I’m proudest of. I’ve come a long way, baby!
Thanks again for following along with my journey! 17 out of 24 isn’t too shabby!