Y’all, we are almost there! My 24th birthday is two months away! Here’s what I’ve been up to in the past month.
- Learn calligraphy – So last night I decided to try my hand at some fancy writing for notes to go with my Secret Santa gift… I suck. Badly. But I am hoping to work on this after the new year!
- Devote myself to a devotional – I haven’t been very good about The Best Yes. 🙁 I’ve thought about blogging as I read it, so maybe if I do that I will be more devoted.
- Spend a weekend in Asheville – One of my best friends graduated with her Masters this weekend, so I hope to go visit her and spend a day there!
- Regularly attend church – I am so embarrassed to admit that I still haven’t gotten better about this.
100 Happy Days Challenge Utilize the shift key
- Become a devoted yogi – If stalking the sale rack at Lululemon counts, I’m doing great…
Plan an amazing bridal shower
- Law school “stuff” – Working on a game plan! A school about two hours away recently received their provisional accreditation. I have been praying about it a lot, so I really feel like that was a “God thing” for me!
Visit a “Paint your own pottery” studio Have a 3-year cancer free celebration
- Plan another sold out event – I can now mark this one off! Wooohooo! The gala I planned for my program at work was a success!
- Stay away from caffeine – I have been doing pretty good on this one! I have had a couple of cheats, including a cup of black coffee on Thanksgiving (to counteract the multiple glasses of chard + Mexican after dinner drinks… oops!) and a glass of sweet tea on the day of my event. Other than that, I have grown really fond of decaf black coffee, decaf green tea, and peppermint tea (which is naturally decaffeinated!)
- Do more Meals on Wheels routes – Well, haven’t done that one…
- Add to my Lilly Pulitzer collection – I picked out some super cute Lilly earrings for Christmas! If no one gets them for me, I’m going to get them for myself because they are only $28 and will go with SO MUCH.
- Continue improvements on the blog – I now have “pinnable images” so if you see something you like, please pin it!
- Visit Nashville again – My boyfriend and I are looking into going for my 24th birthday! We’d love to see a hockey game and go to my favorite restaurant – Demo’s!
- Be a birthday fairy – I’ve not been perfect at this, but I’m proud of myself for what I have done so far!
Go to a concert
- Plan a brunch – Birthday Brunch is a possibility!
- Find a diet that works – Current diet: Eating any/all catering that arrives at work. Our clients and members are so sweet and always spoiling us with food. How can I say no to that? Plus, I’m vacationing on the holidays, so I’m not even going to bother. 2015 is the year that I will be busting my butt to get healthy! (Seriously, I have felt so arthritic the past month, and I think being more active would be helpful.)
Put more effort into my professional appearance Keep smiling
- Continue doing things that scare me – I’m now on a board! AND I’m spending Christmas with my dad this year… I have spent it with my mom every year since I was born. I’m nervous, but thankful for the opportunity!
What have y’all been up to for the past month? Thanks for following along with my journey!