September is here, and that means fall is just around the corner! Twitter is blowing up with tweets of excitement about PSLs, scarves, cowboy boots, and pumpkins! But don’t forget that September is also International Women’s Friendship Month!
In 1999, Kappa Delta created National Women’s Friendship Day as a way to remind women what an important role friendships with other women play in our lives. In 2009, NWFD became International Women’s Friendship Month. I personally love that there is an entire month dedicated to friendship among females! #girlpower
Here are some ideas on how to celebrate IWFM:
• Grab a PSL with a friend you haven’t seen in a while
• Schedule a Skype date with your long distance best friend
• Have a “Girls Night In” like the ones you had in college – boxed wine, Sex & the City reruns, and Facebook creeping… maybe even some crafting?!
• Go on a hike & check out all of those beautiful fall leaves
• Grab your cutest stationery & send some snail mail
Now it’s up to YOU! What are you going to do in celebration of International Women’s Friendship Month?