1. Brittney, Breaking Free
    May 13, 2014 / 8:15 pm

I need to do this. I stare at a computer screen all day at work and then my phone when I get home. I think Im going to make a point just to plug my phone up in my bedroom when I get home from work and leave it there. I could use some quality time with my bf and kids!

2. Alex
    May 13, 2014 / 8:21 pm

I agree people are too wrapped up with their smartphones. I've been trying to put my phone away at the end of the night at least 1 hour before I go to sleep and keep my phone in my purse during dinners with family/friends. -Alexwww.monstermisa.blogspot.com/

3. Gabriela
    May 13, 2014 / 9:21 pm

I'll join you! I also try to make a conscious effort to unplug. Especially when I am with my husband. For me, it's putting it away and not having it in sight! 😉

4. BKCsquared
    May 13, 2014 / 10:52 pm

Love this!! I just watched that viral video that's been going around about unplugging & it almost made me cry!! I'm just as guilty as everyone else, but the first step is being aware that we're making these mistakes, right? Thank you for the reminder!!xo, Bwww.BKCsquared.com

5. BMorePreppy
    May 14, 2014 / 12:52 am

I just had my phone die on me for over three hours today. I agree with the unplugging every once and a while. I know I have been off the computer lately, not even blogging. I am usually pretty good about the phone when out to dinner and things like that. bmorepreppy.blogspot.com/

6. AJ
    May 14, 2014 / 1:10 am

Ok so this is kind of a sensitive subject for me bc my fiance is a lot older and is constantly on me about how much I'm attached to my tech. I wrote an article about it previously…http://www.theajminute.com/2014/03/unplugged.htmlI think there are defineite limits, but at the same time, technology is such a big part of my life. Great post :)AJ | TheAJMinute

7. Kristin
    May 14, 2014 / 1:15 am

I'm just as guilty too. It also drives me crazy when I'm out with my friends and they spend most of the time on the phone! Sometime I put my phone in my room when I get home to spend more time with family, but I need to do it more often!Kristinthedixiedaisy.blogspot.com

8. Buggy Valhouli-Farb
    May 14, 2014 / 3:13 am

I love this post because it is such a good reminder to unplug. In our family, we are not allowed to use our phones during meals and it has extended when I am eating a meal with girlfriends, boyfriend etc! It really is so important to be present!Great post!Buggyblog.buggydesigns.com

9. Lauren Rose
    May 14, 2014 / 3:55 am

Recently, I have found myself using my phone/computer more than I should. This summer I'm challenging myself to be better about it! I think it's difficult since so many of the social aspects of society revolve around social media, but that still shouldn't be an excuse! Great post!laurenroseprep.blogspot.com

10. Laurie @ Disney 'n Diapers
    May 14, 2014 / 10:22 pm

I completely agree, we all GLUED to our phones (myself included!) and I really hate it. We need to learn just to be in the moment. Hubby and I have a no electronics rule in the bedroom and during our dinner dates. Over the summer I implement a no electronics day into our weekly schedule. Adults included. Most of the time it really encourages us to be creative and I love it.

11. BonBon Rose Girls Kristin
    May 14, 2014 / 10:44 pm

I think that is an excellent idea and probably something we all need!

12. Vanessa Rose Lang
    May 15, 2014 / 2:43 am

This is one of my biggest pet peeves, and I've found my parents are guilty of it too! During the school year I feel like a lot of my free time is spent online, but now that I work all day on a computer, my eyes just want a break when I get home. I wish I had more time to be unplugged and in the moment!Vanessa

13. Kristen
    May 15, 2014 / 2:11 pm

Love this! I've been making an effort to put my phone in my purse around 7:00pm each night, and not look at it till the next morning. I used to sleep with my phone next to my bed, and use it as an alarm clock. I honestly think my sleep has improved so much since I stopped doing this! I also downloaded the Unicef Tap Project app: "The Unicef Tap Project challenges you to see how long you can go without something far less vital than clear water-your cell phone." Check it out!

14. Vett Vandiver
    May 15, 2014 / 8:13 pm

I totally agree with you and understand! I've written a few posts about my frustrations with society's difficulties unplugging. Even as bloggers, we need to take breaks and just enjoy the moment!

15. Caroline {Virginia Sweet}
    May 16, 2014 / 4:07 pm

You must have chatted with my husband…he gets after me all the time to get off my phone. You are so right about taking sometime each and everyday to unplug! Thanks for a reality check love!! xoxo

16. BLovedBoston
    May 20, 2014 / 8:50 pm

I definitely need to do this!! My husband has instituted no phone Friday nights…I feel like his daughter with the rule but he's right!!

17. Ms. Emily Ann
    May 20, 2014 / 10:19 pm

Such a great challenge! Sometimes I forget my phone at home, and it's surprisingly nice! I need to do that more often!

18. Jodi H
    May 21, 2014 / 5:33 am

It's too true sadly. Pre blog I never felt the need to be so connected and now I have a hard time putting my phone down.www.highheelsandtutus.com

19. Jaclyn @ Love And Bellinis
    May 22, 2014 / 3:40 pm

This is so true! I often need to remind myself to put the damn iphone down! It's so hard to disconnect these days