What is a Liebster Award? In German, the word liebster translates to beloved, dearest, and sweetheart… What a sweet thing to say about someone! Liebster Awards are given to bloggers with less than 200 followers. They’re a great way to find out about blogs that you might not necessarily hear about. When you receive the award, you are given a list of questions to answer, and in turn, you nominate others for the award and give them a list of questions to answer. Here are the questions from sweet Abigail!
1. At what point in your blogging career did you fall in love with it?
I’ve had this blog since last summer, but my posts were sporadic. There wasn’t a lot going on at work during the first week of January, so I wrote a couple of blog posts. I was amazed at how receptive and encouraging people were. I started to really fall in love with blogging when I realized it was a way to share the love of Jesus with people! The posts written about Christ always receive the most views, and that makes me so happy!
2. Have you read any great books lately? If no, what’s your favorite magazine?
I recently finished The 5 Love Languages! Not only was it helpful to me in my relationship with my boyfriend, but also in my relationships with my family, friends, and co-workers. I’m currently reading Popular Crime: Reflections on the Celebration of Violence. I’m a huge nerd when it comes to court cases, crimes, etc, and I love this because it talks about the public’s obsession with popular crimes, and how it has affected our culture.
3. Which bloggers do you look towards for inspiration?
My biggest inspiration is Katelyn at Southern Samplings! Her blog is one of the reasons that I really wanted to buckle down and blog more consistently. I also love College Prepster, Chicago Prepster, and Life with Emily.
4. In three words describe your blog!
Encouraging, Fabulous, and Fun!!!
5. Do you have an extreme case of wanderlust? Where do you want to travel to?
To say that I have an extreme case of wanderlust would be an understatement! For the past year, I’ve been pining over Savannah, Georgia! I think the way graveyards are a part of their culture is so interesting! I also want to go to New York, Indianapolis, and Connecticut to visit family! And of course, I would love to go to Las Vegas again and visit Lake Tahoe! I could probably write you a list of cities longer than my arm.
6. Do you consider blogging to be a from of therapy or your work?
It’s a little bit of both. I love having an outlet for my thoughts, ideas, and feelings! I also view it as work, but in a good way. I view it that way to hold me accountable so that I don’t go months without posting.
7. Imagine yourself ten years from now, where are you and what are you doing?
In ten years, I will hopefully be working at a large company as an employment attorney. I also hope to have a few years of marriage under my belt, and either be a mother to an infant or a have baby on the way! Of course, that is my plan for my life. God is the only one who really knows. But as long as I’m living a life that glorifies him, I will be joyful!
8. What is your song? You know that song that comes on and you have to turn it up because it is in fact your song!
My boyfriend shared this silly song with me called “Tennessee Mountain Girl,” but I absolutely love it! It reminds me so much of my sisters and college.
9. What do you hope to accomplish within the next year?
The biggest thing that I hope to accomplish is getting into law school…again! I also hope to continue to work on my relationship with Christ, make new friends, and celebrate three years as a cancer survivor!
10. Gold or silver?
Momma raised me to be a platinum girl, but lately I’ve really fallen in love with gold!
11. If you could do a guest post on any blog that has ever existed which would you choose and why?
If I could guest post on any blog, I would love to post on College Prepster or Southern Samplings! I look up to Carly & Katelyn so much – professionally and personally – that it would be an honor!
Now that I’ve answered my questions, I have a few questions for those that I’ve nominated!
1. What was your favorite post to write?
2. What was the hardest post for you to write?
3. What/Who was your inspiration to start a blog?
4. What advice do you have for new bloggers?
Who are your favorite bloggers that I should know about?!