I've been planning this post for weeks, but the last six weeks of 2016 whooped me, y'all! Work was chaotic in the best possible way, there were so many celebrations, and I was briefly sidelined with a nasty cold.
However, I couldn't bring myself to give this post up. 2016 has gotten a lot of grief from a lot of people, and I will be the first to admit that this year wasn't sunshine and rainbows for me either. But 2016 was the year that I truly came into my own. I experienced so much personal and professional development, explored new cities along with familiar places, and learned the importance of good friends and the loyalty of family.
If you're looking for a little sneak peak into what this year was like through my eyes or just want to get to know me better, I'm sharing my most popular posts of the year below.
1. Nutrition on the Go • Sharing some insight into life with a chronic illness.
2. Live on. Give on. • Sharing why I'm so passionate about involvement in my community
3. Updating my Spring Wardrobe on a Budget • Sharing how it's possible to update your seasonal wardrobe for under $60!
4. Blogging 101: How I Create an Editorial Calendar (in Four Steps!) • Sharing an easy & effective way to create a blog editorial calendar
5. Spring '16 Trends Under $100 • Hardcore studied the spring trends and shared them in this post!
6. Twenty-Five: The Year of Owning It • Sharing the change in mindset that made 2016 my year.
7. The Importance of Self Expression • Sharing how I choose to express myself & why self expression is important.
8. The Importance of Taking Care of your Skin this Spring • I had a cancer scare, and I chronicled it.
9. Recent Drugstore Beauty Buys • Update - the Oh Sugar! product I reviewed in this post melted in my purse... Lol!
10. Summer Reading List • Confession - I still need to read most of these.
11. That Time I Almost Cropped the Rug (and All Authenticity) out of a Photo • Shining a light on authenticity and a heavier topic - the Armenian genocide.
12. Friday Favorites • Some products that I was loving while preparing for spring.
13. Valentine's Day or (Galentine's Day!) on a Budget • Ideas for celebrating Valentine's Day and/or Galentine's Day on a budget!
14. Ask Seersucker Sass • A q&a style post answering reader questions... it was such a hit that I did a second post!
15. My Daily Makeup Routine • I'm a big fan of natural looking makeup, and this post shares all of the products I use when I wear makeup.
16. My Career Story • I should have capped the list at 15, but I couldn't because this is one of my personal favorites that I have ever written. It's the perfect reminder that you don't have to know exactly what you want to do career wise.