Happy Wednesday, y'all! Summer is officially here, even though it has felt like summer since April where I live. Haha. Something about summer makes me so lazy - maybe it's the heat or maybe it's the laid back pace of life. In order to hold myself accountable, I've decided to share my goals for this summer with you!
1. Prioritize time for writing. I'm working on a personal writing project, but it is forever taking the back burner. Reading The Best Yes instilled in me that when something is a priority, you need to schedule it the way that you would a meeting. So I'm hoping to set aside time to write every day, even if it's just fifteen minutes before bed or half an hour on my lunch break.
2. Keep a consistent blogging schedule. I have really struggled with finding time to blog this year, and that makes me sad because I absolutely love blogging. It seems like when I have time, I don't have motivation, and vice versa. My goal is to get content up three times a week plus a weekend post. I also hope to collaborate more with other bloggers. (PS - You can totally help me out with this one by leaving blog post ideas!)
3. Read. I think that reading is imperative if you want to grow as a writer. Here is my summer reading list!
4. Create. I really, really want to paint more. I'm really interested in abstract expressionist art, and I'd love to create at least one piece for my apartment and another piece as a housewarming gift for a friend. There's nothing like getting your hands dirty and creating something.
5. Evaluate my wardrobe. The Nordstrom Anniversary sale is coming up, and I want to have a "wish list" ready to shop smarter. This means checking to see what I have an abundance of in my closet (aka pixie pants) and figuring out what I actually need (navy heels, work blouses, a pair of everyday earrings, and a dress for a co-worker's wedding, for example.) If you're not a Nordstrom Rewards member yet, be sure to sign up so that you can get a $10 promotional certificate to spend during the sale.
What are your goals for this summer?