This weekend, I decided it was time to start making some progress on my Summer Bucket List. The first order of business? An about me section for my blog. Oh my goodness, y'all. I always feel like I'm a self-aware person, but then it comes time to write about myself, and I suddenly have amnesia and couldn't tell you anything about myself other than the fact that I have a dog. (And I probably only remember that because she sits right next to me when I write. #girlsbestfriend)
I decided to make a list of facts about myself to get the creative juices and memories flowing. If you've ever wanted to get to know me better, here's your chance! (And if not, just skip down to the bottom!)
- For someone who people view as "having her life together," I've never really had a clear vision of what my future career would be. Growing up, I wanted to be a Rockette or a news broadcaster. In high school, I wanted to own my own talent agency. After all of my health issues, I decided I wanted to be a doctor, which quickly dropped down to nurse practitioner. Took an intro to Anatomy course in college, decided I wanted to be an occupational therapist instead. Finally decided on becoming a lawyer. Still graduated in four years. Miracles happen, y'all! After yesterday's LSAT adventure, I'm on the hunt for a new dream job. I currently work in Economic Development, but I haven't been able to stop thinking about this blog post from my friend Elana.
- I loved monograms before they were "trendy.
- I graduated from the same college as my grandparents! I hold a Bachelor's of Business Administration. I also joined the same sorority as my favorite cousin, and during my new girl period, we found out that my grandmother was also in the same sorority as us at our university! It was so special.
- I'm the only female in my office. I surprisingly love it, and having my own bathroom isn't a bed perk either!
- I am forever thankful for Kappa Delta Sorority for instilling confidence into me. My sorority really did prepare me for the real world, and I am so grateful for that.
- I wear Jack Rogers sandals almost every day. I blister easily, and they're surprisingly the only thing that doesn't rub my feet!
- My health is a bit chaotic. I was diagnosed with a chronic illness at 17, and I began taking infusions for it right after my 18th birthday. I was diagnosed with cancer at age 20. My health is about 30-40% of the average health of someone my age, but I feel pretty great most days! My biggest struggle is lack of energy, which is a blessing compared to what I could be dealing with!
- I can say my ABC's forwards and backwards.
- I always laugh when someone compliments my handwriting, because I almost got a B in handwriting in 4th grade. It would have been my first B. I couldn't let that happen!
- I am a very sentimental person. I know that materialism is bad, but there are so many pieces I could never part with just because of the sentimental value behind them. Sometimes I will see a piece of clothing in my closet and get a little misty eyed because it takes me back to such a happy memory.
- I graduated high school a semester early.
- I'm happily taken. My boyfriend prefers to stay behind the scenes of my blog. He's actually my main blogtographer :) We are the proud "parents" of a rescue bleagle (Blue Heeler/Beagle) Francis June!
- I have a pet bird named Pearl. I inherited her when one of my friends moved to Montana. She hates most people, but loves me for some reason. (Probably because she is old, and I look like her old owner. Haha!)
- I have the most amazing parents a girl could ask for. My parents always encouraged me to explore my interests and to have my own views on things. I was never raised to feel like I had to fit into nice, neat little boxes, and I was told that it's okay to push the envelope. When I see so much hate in this world, I'm so thankful that my parents taught me to love.
- The hardest thing for me in my walk with Christ is that I cling too tightly to my own plan. I forget that God has a different plan for me and embracing that is something that I struggle with more often than not.
- My little brother is ten years younger than me. I'm pretty sure that he used to think it was cool to have an older sister because I could drive him places and buy him things. Now he's a teenager, we look the same age, and people think I'm his girlfriend. Awko taco.
- I'm obsessed with First Ladies. My all time favorite is Lady Bird Johnson, but Nancy Reagan and Laura Bush are in my top 3!
- I'm also obsessed with true crime. I skipped class to watch the Michael Jackson trial, and I am so intrigued by high profile cases. Out of every five books that I read, three are related to true crime.
- I'm an eternal optimist.
Now that I've rambled off twenty facts about myself, I'd love to get to know you better!
Are we practically best friends? Can we agree to disagree?
I'd love it if you left me three fun facts about yourself!
Happy Thursday, y'all!